Sunday, January 29, 2012

Adventures in Sewing: Shape Book

I decided to get brave and try out a cloth book for Blueberry.  I really want to make her a "busy book" but I wasn't quite that brave yet so I decided to do a simple shape/color book so I could learn how to make the pages and put the book together.  It turned out to be a lot simpler than I thought.  I'm excited to start on her real busy book.  If anyone has any ideas for pages for the book let me know! 

 Here's the material I started with....some cute denim scraps that my Grandma gave me for the cover, black for the pages and multiple colors for the shapes and pockets.  I love, love, love the owl print!
 I have no clue why all these pictures are sideways but, oh well.  Here's the front cover....
 ...the first two pages (notice how the circle's fabric has circles on it and the square's fabric has squares on it?)....
 ...the next two pages...
...and the last two pages.  These last two pages are pockets.  The page on the left is for flashcards, notepads, etc.  The page on the right has slots for three crayons.  I'm sure I'm much more excited about this project than Katie will be to play with it but I am!  I can't wait to make her an actual "busy book"!

No comments:

Post a Comment