Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our Week: Extra Ordinary

We had a pretty awesome and ordinary week this week.  I got to try out a new and hot weather friendly way of making pizza. 
                            Katie got a miniature version made with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella.

Rich was off Monday and Tuesday and we had doctor's appointments both those days.  Monday Katie had her 9 month old check-up (no shots, yay!).  Tuesday Zak had his yearly vet visit.  Both our babies are healthy!  (May I also add that they are heartworm, flea and tick free!) 
We had to do a little work on the jeep so we went to the part's store on Tuesday before Zak's appointment.  We also stopped by Chili's where Katie enjoyed french fries...let me correct myself, she enjoyed licking ketchup off french fries until the fries were mush. 
Wednesday Katie had her playdate with her friend Knox.  This is our third playdate with Knox and it is the third time that the poor boy has been asleep for part or most of the time lol!  They ended up getting to play for about 30 minutes before we had to go but, Katie enjoyed spending the first hour and a half of her playdate being spoiled by Julie and I.

Thursday was pretty darn busy.  We had storytime Thursday morning.  The theme was The Dog Days of Summer and they brought a therapy dog in for the kids to pet.  She was the absolute sweetest and calmest dog I have ever seen.  Her name was Molly and as soon as Katie saw her she started wiggling and trying to get to her.  She let Katie crawl all over her and give her kisses.   Molly's owner Don was pretty smitten with Katie (who wouldn't be?) so we ended up staying and playing with Molly long after the other kids had tired of her.  By the time we left Katie was covered in dog hair and Molly was covered in Katie slobber.



When we got home from the library Katie went straight for her doggy!


Then she proceeded to her new favorite activity pulling up and getting down, then crawling to the next thing and pulling up and getting down.

We only check out board books at the library now because Katie is very hands-on with her books and is learning to be gentle with them and to turn the pages.

Other than that Katie has been busy this week trying strawberries which she loves.  I don't think there's anything that girl won't eat.....

..............practicing using her sippy cup......


.......playing with a watermelon.....
.......kissing a watermelon.......
....and just being so darn adorable!

Now for the goofiness of Katie


Please don't ask what the blue thing is in her mouth...I have no clue. 

Daddy didn't realize that you had to unbutton her dress to pull it over her head...

On a side note I had a small epiphany today.  I am a Mom.  No the reality has not all the sudden hit me but every now and then a little thing will strike me like a lightning bolt.  For instance I got a new purse (yay!).  Do you know my qualifications for this new purse?  That it be big enough to carry my stuff and Katie's stuff.  Well folks here it is!

And here's what's inside...
I am a Mom...I buy a brand new purse and fill it with keys, wallet and Katie goodies!

On a complete side note I'm also working on a website/board thingie that I'm still trying to figure out.  It's called pinterest.  You can follow my board here http://pinterest.com/srv/  I'm still playing around with it but it seems like a great way to organize and create wishlists, decorating ideas, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment