Saturday, August 20, 2011

Our Week: Daddy's on Vacation!

Rich has been on vacation this whole week!  Whoo hoo!  It has been such a relaxing time for all of us and we are having fun just being together. 
Monday I had my wisdom teeth taken out....ugh, I know but it was not that bad at all.  We dropped Katie off at my Dad's where she got to play with all 6 of his dogs and pet the horse.  I know she had a great time because when Dad dropped her off late in the afternoon she was passed out and stayed that way in her carseat for about 45 minutes.  I felt kind of groggy that night and went to bed early but having my teeth yanked out wasn't that bad.  Here is a goofy picture of me moments after waking up from surgery...I've got to post it so I can laugh at myself.

Tuesday we relaxed at home.  Even though I was feeling really good we thought it was best to relax and take it easy just in case. 
Wednesday we went to Target and Old Navy.  Katie got some cute little jellies from her Aunt Vicki but her feet were too chubby so we had to trade them in.  We got her some little white sandals because they were out of jellies.

Katie tried on her other shoes, too.



She's been needing some bath toys and we found some cute, floating turtles.  They have magnets that link them together...she had fun playing in the bath with them.


We also got her a tiny baby doll.  You can buy other outfits to put on it and it has a stroller, crib, high chair, etc.  She really likes pointing to the different body parts like nose, eyes, etc.

We had storytime at the library thursday.  I think Katie loved having her Daddy there and it was neat because the theme was "Families". 
Katie and her Daddy played puzzles before storytime started.

Then they cuddled during storytime....

and did the teddy bear song...
and made a craft.

Daddy also taught Katie how to play the pots and pans....


and catch a ball.

Other firsts for Katie this week include eating her first hot dog and spaghetti.


She got a special treat when Daddy rolled her bananas in his fruity pebbles cereal.

Our baby girl is hilarious...while Rich was cutting up a lemon for tea he was letting her touch and smell the lemon.  When he took it away to squeeze for the tea she reached for it so he decided to let her try a piece just to see her funny face.  Well instead of puckering up she proceeded to suck the insides out of an entire half a lemon!  She never made a face!








No comments:

Post a Comment